The skin around our eyes is 40 percent thinner than the rest of our face, making it more delicate and one of the first areas to show signs of aging. Crows feet are the lines we get at the outer edges of our eyes. They are the bane of our existence; Makeup gets collected in the creases; They’re more noticeable in photos than we’d like; They make us feel older than we really are.
Want to get rid of your crows feet before the holidays? Come see us!
These “character lines” are fairly common at any age, and they can form sooner rather than later depending on sun exposure, squinting, smoking and your skin care routine. Aging is inevitable, but there are some skin care treatments that will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Here’s our guide on how to prevent and get rid of crows feet.
How to Prevent Crows Feet
• Avoid Sun Exposure. The sun’s harmful rays are one of the most common ways our fragile skin loses its collagen and elasticity. Always protect your skin while you’re outdoors. This will significantly slow down your skin’s aging and will reduce the appearance of crows feet.
• Steer clear of smoking. We all know that nothing good comes from smoking. Smoking takes a substantial toll on the skin and causes the skin to age faster due to the harmful chemicals in each cigarette.
• Use sunscreen. We can’t stress enough how important it is to use sunscreen every day, even in the fall and winter. Sun exposure causes our skin to age faster than normal. By wearing sunscreen, you’re protecting your skin against skin cancer and preventing aging. It’s a win-win situation for all.
• Get a facial. Facials offer a wonderful rejuvenation for your skin. Getting a facial once or twice a month can help stimulate and increase the circulation in your face, and help reduce the wrinkles around your eyes.
• Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Moisturization is key when it comes to maintaining healthy, smooth and glowing skin. Moisturization is key for filling fine lines and preventing new ones from popping up.
How to Get Rid of Crows Feet
• Invest in a good eye cream. It’s truly amazing what one little bottle of eye cream can do for the fragile skin around our eyes. The MLA Eye Serum is gentle and lightweight, making it perfect for improving the skin around our eyes. The earlier you start using eye creams, the better.
• Get Botox – seriously. Botox is one of the biggest fighters against crows feet. Crows feet are the “character lines” created by laughing, squinting and smiling over the years. Botox helps smooths those lines and wrinkles, ultimately reducing the appearance of wrinkles and aging.
Interested in Botox? The Santa Monica Laser and Skin Care Center is currently running a special (from Nov. 1 – Dec. 31) for Botox and Juvederm! Recieve $75 off your Botox treatment; $75 Off Juvederm; $175 Off Botox & Juvederm +Free Glycolic and Oxygen Facial from Jonee.
Do you have more questions or want to learn more about how to get rid of crows feet? Come see the doctors at the Santa Monica Laser and Skin Care Center – they’ll be more than happy to answer all your questions during your FREE beauty consultation.
Want to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles before the holidays? Book your first appointment today!
Call us at (310) 829-9396 or BOOK ONLINE.