Do you struggle with acne? Many patients come in for their first visit with us feeling discouraged. They’re convinced their acne is untreatable. They’ve tried topical creams and traditional treatments and just aren’t seeing the results they would like. We tell these patients to give us some time and that they will soon enjoy clearer skin. We rely on the latest research, the most effective medications, and state-of-the-art acne treatments. We do these things to get acne under control, prevent future flare-ups, and treat acne scars. Clear skin is possible if you have the right help!
Medications – Not Your Only Acne Treatments
Topical and oral medications are valuable tools for fighting acne, but for many patients, these acne treatments alone aren’t enough. If your acne medication is no longer fully able to clear your skin, come see us. Many non-medication treatment options are available. We can use these without medication or pair them with the right medications to help clear your skin. We’ll create a custom treatment plan for you.
- Extractions of Acne Lesions– Pus, oil, and bacteria are manually removed from the lesion. This reduces the risk of scarring and can reduce any pain associated with the lesion. This also speeds healing time.
- Injections of Acne Cysts and Nodules– A dilute steroid solution is injected into the lesion. This can dramatically reduce redness and inflammation. Many celebrities use this technique to cure breakouts when clear skin is needed within 24 hours. This treatment is sometimes combined with extraction.
- Acne Chemical Peels– Chemical peels remove the outermost layers of skin. We typically use a very mild peel applied every 4-6 weeks to treat acne.
- Aesthetic Acne Facial– An acne facial is a common recommendation for our acne patients. We combine a deep cleaning with a gentle peel and extractions followed by a soothing mask and an oxygen treatment. Monthly facials can dramatically improve the appearance of the skin and help reduce acne.
- Red/Blue Light Treatments– Blue light can reduce the number of bacteria in the sebaceous glands. Red light minimizes the body’s production of cytokines, or chemicals that cause inflammation. We perform a blue light treatment followed by a red light treatment a few days later on a weekly basis for about four weeks. More than 75% of patients with active acne report an excellent response to this combination treatment.
- Vbeam Perfecta Laser for Acne– The Vbeam Perfecta laser can reduce both inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne, which often results in reductions of 70-85%. This treatment can also reduce acne scars and decrease redness in the skin.
- Photodynamic Acne Treatment– Photodynamic acne treatment targets two primary causes of acne: excessive oil production and bacterial overgrowth. This is an excellent treatment option for patients with moderate to severe acne who have not responded well to conventional treatments and medications.
If you have acne, come see us. Many treatment options are available to help clear your skin!